Eastern York School District
120 South Third Street
P.O. Box 150
Wrightsville, PA 17368
Welcome to the Elementary Counseling Department
Elementary Counseling Services
A counseling program is in place at each elementary school. The elementary counseling program is designed to enhance and promote a safe, healthy, positive educational learning environment. The elementary school counselor is an integral team participant when working with students, staff, parents and community agencies.
The elementary counseling program is preventative in nature, the goal is to reach out to the entire elementary school population within a structured framework of services.
Specific elements of counseling services at the elementery level:
1. Individual Student Planning/ Counseling Sessions- requests are made by student referral, staff referral or parent referral. Sessions are as needed, and for brief periods of time. School Counselors coordinate activities that help all students plan, monitor and manage their own learning, as well as meet competencies in the areas of academic, career and personal/social development. Please note, the Elementary School Counseling Program is not therapeutic in nature. If a child is in need of ongoing counseling services, the school counselors can help families connect with outside agencies.
2. Small group sessions- a small group setting with targeted students, groups may be specialty topics or general in nature. Topics may include but are not limited to; separation, divorce, friendship, social skills, paying attention, study skills, anger control, death, drugs / alcohol and decision making. Students, staff or parents may make a request for student participation in a small guidance group.
3. Class Guidance Lessons- K-5 grade level, sequential lessons are presented by the counselor to each individual class as scheduled with the classroom teacher.
4. Crisis Counseling- available as needed, please contact the school counselor if your child is in need of immediate contact with the counselor.
5. Agency contact and assistance- counselors are in contact with various outside community agencies as needed in the interest and welfare of members of the student population. Counselors work in a supportive role to provide services to students and their families.
6. Schoolwide Activities- organize and assist with assembly programs or various schoolwide activities and events.
Elementary Bullying Prevention Program
Our elementary schoolwide goal is: to reduce bullying incidents in our schools, thereby creating a safer, comfortable place for all children and adults.
Schoolwide Rules ( posted in all elementary buildings)
*We will not bully other students
*We will help students who are bullied.
*We will include students who are left out.
If you know of someone being bullied, encourage the child to tell the homeroom teacher, guidance counselor or other adults at school or at home.
Together, we can make a difference.
Choose a Building
|Canadochly Elementary Guidance »||Kreutz Creek Elementary Guidance »||Wrightsville Elementary Guidance »|