Instructions on Obtaining Clearances
This process applies to all Employees, Prospective Employees, Sub-Contracted Individuals, Interns, and Student Teachers
(Child Protective Services Law/Act 153)
Under Act 153 of 2014 all school employees and volunteers are required to obtain background checks on a periodic basis. Clearances must be submitted prior to the commencement of employment or service. Effective immediately, clearances must be obtained and renewed on a five (5) year cycle/sixty (60) month cycle.
Links and instructions for obtaining the clearances are below.
Current Fees for employees to obtain clearances are as follows:
PA Child Abuse History Clearance $13.00
PA State Criminal Check $22.00
FBI Criminal Background Check $23.85
PA Child Abuse History Clearance/Act 151
▪ Select “create individual account” – follow steps to create Keystone ID and password
▪ Select “create clearance application”
▪ Be prepared to provide the names of all individuals with whom you have lived with since 1975. (ex. parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, children, etc.)
▪ Select “school employee governed by public school code” under purpose
▪ After payment and completion of application you will be granted online access to your clearance within two weeks. You will be notified via e-mail when the result is available.
▪ Save Keystone ID and password for future use. This site is also used for Child Line referrals and future clearance renewals.
PA State Criminal Check/Act 34
▪ Visit https://epatch.state.pa.us
▪ Select “submit a new record check”
▪ Select “individual request” – reason for request is employment
▪ After payment and completion of request you will be granted immediate access to your record check result.
▪ Click on link to open and print official report with PA state seal in the background.
FBI Criminal Background Check/Act 114
▪ Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com
▪ Enter PA Department of Education service code - 1KG6XN
▪ Select “schedule or manage appointment”
▪ Complete personal information and select identity document for enrollment
▪ Select location for appointment
▪ Choose appointment time or register as a walk in
▪ Payment is collected at fingerprinting site (major credit cards, money orders or cashier’s check)
▪ After you are fingerprinted you will receive a receipt containing a “UEID” number. Please provide this number to HR as it will be used to obtain the fingerprinting result.
Please contact Human Resources with any questions or concerns at 717-252-1555, press 9 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org