Volunteering at EYSD
HOW DO I BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time and services within the Eastern York School District. As part of the district’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safest environment for our students, all volunteers must now complete a “Volunteer Packet” with required documentation.
Volunteer Packet (printable version)
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Disclosure
- PA Criminal History Record Check/Act 34 (dated less than a year ago)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance/Act 151 (dated less than a year ago)
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report & Certification Form
- All athletic and co-curricular volunteers are required to submit a TB test result dated within the past two years.
- In order to remain an “active” volunteer you must volunteer at least one time each school year. Volunteers who are listed as “inactive” will be required to submit new volunteer documents and clearances if they wish to volunteer within the district again.
**Applying for PA Criminal History Record/Act 34
▪ Visit https://epatch.state.pa.us
▪ Select “new record check (volunteers only)”
▪ After completion of request you will be granted immediate access to your record check result.
▪ Click on link provided to open and print official report with PA state seal in the background.
**Applying for PA Child Abuse History Clearance/Act 151
▪ Select “create individual account” – follow steps to create Keystone ID and password
▪ Select “create clearance application”
▪ Be prepared to provide the names of all individuals with whom you have lived with since 1975 (ex. parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, children, etc.)
▪ Select “Volunteer” under purpose
▪ After completion of application you will be granted online access to your clearance within two weeks. You will be notified via e-mail when the result is available.
Once all paperwork is received, it will be reviewed and approved by the HR Office.
Printed volunteer packets are available in each school office and from the
District Administration Building at 120 South Third Street, Wrightsville.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Human Resources at 717-252-1555, press 9.