Eastern York School District
120 South Third Street
P.O. Box 150
Wrightsville, PA 17368
Volunteering at EYSD
HOW DO I BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time and services within the Eastern York School District. There are numerous opportunities for you to be involved in as a district volunteer we welcome your involvement.
In order to serve as a volunteer, you must complete and return a volunteer packet which includes the following documents:
(click on below link)
Act 34/PA Criminal History (instructions below #1)
Act 151/Child Abuse Clearance (instructions below #2)
Act 24 (FBI Arrest/Conviction Report) (revised March 1, 2016)
- EYSD School Board Policy #916 (revised November 21, 2013)
1) Instructions to apply for The Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
There is no fee for this clearance if you designate that it is for volunteer purposes.
· Click on this link to get started: https://epatch.state.pa.us
· Click on “New Record Check” (Volunteers Only)
· On the Personal Information Review page, if everything is correct, click “Proceed”
· On Record Check Request form, enter your personal information, click “Enter This Request”
· Scroll down the page to “View Queued Record Check Request’s (1)”, click on “Finished”
· On the Record Check Request Review page, click “Submit”
· Once the system has run your check, you need to click on the “Control Number”
· On the Record Check Details page, click “Certification Form” this will print with the PA state seal in the background
· Print your certificate and provide to Human Resources, results must be less than 1 year old in order for us to accept. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
2) Instructions to apply for the PA Child Abuse History Certification (Act 151)
There is no fee for this clearance if you designatie that it is for volunteer purposes.
· Click on this link to get started: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
· Click “Create Individual Account” enter all information. Once you submit your information, you will receive two emails (one with your Keystone ID/user name, the other with your temporary password).
· Sign back on to the website above. Click on “Individual Login” using the temporary password provided. You will be prompted to set a permanent password. It will then prompt you to sign on to your account using your permanent password. You need to keep this user name and password in order to retrieve your results. You will receive an email which may take up to 14 days with instructions on how to retrieve your results. You will need to print the results and submit to Human Resouces. Results must be less than 1 year old in order for us to accept. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
Once all paperwork is received, it will be reviewed and approved by the HR Office.
Printed volunteer packets are available in each school office and from the
District Administration Building at 120 South Third Street, Wrightsville.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Human Resources at 252-1555, press 0.