Eastern York Middle School
746 Cool Creek Rd.
P.O. Box 2003
Wrightsville, PA 17368
Principal: Dr. Keith Shoemaker
Assistant Principal: Mr. Matthew Fried
What is A.R.M.O.R.?
Are You Wearing You’re A.R.M.O.R.?
- A.R.M.O.R. – Students are expected to wear their A.R.M.O.R. every day inside and outside the middle school.
- What is it? – An attending student will be present both physically and mentally.
- What does it look like? – An attending student is listening, following directions, taking turns, paying attention to teachers and peers, and is on time.
- What does it not look like? – An attending student is NOT sleeping in class, calling out, having off task conversations, doing as he or she pleases, or ignoring directions.
- What is it? – A respectful student shows care and consideration for his/herself and others, uses resources properly, and gives care and consideration to the thoughts and feeling of others.
- What does it look like? –A respectful student is kind, well-mannered, cares for all property, and asks for permission.
- What does it not look like? – A respectful student does NOT talk back, put others down, steal, break or misuse items, lean on chairs, or mock other.
- What is it? – A motivated student is an active participant in his or her education, stays on task, and cooperates with others.
- What does it look like? – A motivated student participates in activities, stays on task, tries to achieve, communicates appropriately, and works well with others.
- What does it not look like? – A motivated student does NOT sleep, demonstrate off task behavior, refuse to do assignments, or give up on oneself or others.
- What is it? – An organized student is prepared to learn and follows procedures.
- What does it look like? – An organized student has assignments completed on time, follows the rules and procedures of the classroom, team, and school, and has the Forever Assignment.
- What does it not look like? – An organized student does NOT refuse to follow directions, arrive unprepared for class, or procrastinate.
- What is it? –A responsible student is honest with one’s self and others, stays on topic, and speaks and acts appropriately.
- What does it look like? – A responsible student takes ownership of his or her actions, stays on task, is honest, carries a positive attitude, encourages others, and sets realistic goals.
- What does it not look like? – A responsible student does NOT bully, blame, make excuses, put people down, lie, or use profanity or racial slurs.