Canadochly Elementary School History
Canadochly Elementary School was built in 1957 to combine the two one room schoolhouses of Lower Windsor Township in the boroughs of Yorkana and East Prospect. The name Canadochly is considered to originate from the Indian name "Conejohela", which was an Indian tribe thought to have settled in the Susquehanna Valley. Conejohela means "At the Place Of The Boiling Kettle." Early settlers then changed the name to Canadochly. An expansion of the building was added to the original in 1977.